We respect your privacy, and we dislike unsolicited email as much as you do. On this page, we explain why we need to ask for your personal information for some of our services, and we outline our commitments to you to look after your information.
Our pledge to you
1. We will keep your personal information with the same care and security as if it were our own. We will never sell, give away or share it with anyone unless we have to by law.
2. We comply with the Australian Spam Act 2003. So we only send our email newsletter to people who have explicitly requested it, we allow you to unsubscribe from our email newsletter by clicking the link in every newsletter. If you believe that we have made a mistake, please let us know as soon as possible by contacting us on 07 3255 8811 or email@example.com
3. We allow you access to the information that we hold about you. Contact us on 07 3255 8811 or firstname.lastname@example.org to find out what information we hold about you.
4. We take the utmost care to protect any photos of children that we have taken. Unless we have permission from a parent or guardian, we will only keep photos of children in a password-protected part of the website. As an additional security measure, we may take those photos off the website after a short period of time. Our processes have been reviewed by the Creche and Kindergarten Association.
What information do we collect?
1. In order to download photos from this site, you will need to create a free account including your name, address, and email address. This allows us make sure that any photos that you buy go to you, and allows you to download the same photos again at a later date at no cost if they are still available. In creating the account we may send you an email in order to verify that you do own that email address. This is to prevent someone else creating an account with your email address.
2. We may also ask you what camera you use, or other information that helps us to give you a better service.
3. If you buy from us through the internet, some of your personal information will be sent securely to PayPal to allow your transaction to be completed. PayPal will not use this information for any purpose except to process the transaction. No Take Better Photos staff see your credit card information if you buy from us on the internet – the PayPal handles it all securely.
4. If you create a free account with us, our website will place a cookie on your computer that allows the computer to save your “Lightbox” of photos. This contains no personally-identifiable information.
Originally published 4th June 2008
Updated 16th December 2008 - added reference to gift certificates
Updated 16th December 2015 - took out reference to gift certificates and to Westpac, as we use a more efficient system through PayPal now